Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A personal development company disguised as an anti-aging company?

Arbonne International's president, Rita Davenport, is well-know for characterizing Arbonne as a "personal development company disguised as an anti-aging company." When I first heard this statement it didn't really resonate with me. But as I became more familiar with all of the resources Arbonne provides for its consultants - from the awesome training courses offered through Arbonne University, to the inspiring Eye on Arbonne success stories, to the weekly "Learn and Burn" motivational series - I began to realize how true her characterization is. This business is not just about financial freedom or even freedom of lifestyle. It's about personal growth. And the more quickly and authentically I grow, the more my business grows with me.

At face value, this may come off as a little self-centered, even if not in a bad way. The thing is that the way I grow (and the only way personal growth is authentic if you ask me) is by becoming focused on others. Sharing safe, effective and fun-to-use products with others. Making sure others have a great time. Listening to others' needs and dreams. Helping others to be successful. And most importantly, helping others to grow personally. Not to sound cheesy, but I think I've found a niche that allows me to become who I truly am as a person precisely by helping other people to do the same. I love Arbonne! Okay, now I sound cheesy. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment